Another trip into the Boxengeti, with one piece I have had finished for a few weeks and a set I finished this week. Both use a technique in which a blind bracket is combined with some peg hooks to create an animal. I talk about the overall process in this post.
First the Zebra:
Besides the obvious difference in painting, there are a few other things I did differently, in a more zebraesque (Note: I will use this made-up word two more times in the paragraph) manner. First of all, there was much more cutting of the hooks involved in this one to get it to more of a zebraesque scale. Secondly, I wanted a more zebraesque head, with the upper head made from a rubber stopper and the lower from a metal bit. I cut the ears out of tin and folded them over. The mane is in fact a piece of discarded velcro.
I also made another set of giraffes, and as I described the process will just let the picture do the talking:
“Boxille Zebra” is available for an adoption fee of $135 while the Boxille Set of Mama and Baby Giraffe is available for $250 total. Contact me with any questions, and feel free to check out other available animal assemblages here.